Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tune-up finished ....yehaw!! I can finally say that I can do a tune-up!!!!!!!! And she runs beautiful!!!! Just have to buy a new carb and we are happenin'. Come on spring!!! I am ready!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Come on spring?!? You don't have any winter to speak of where you are!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2002-02-09 10:56, Eldoon wrote:
Come on spring?!? You don't have any winter to speak of where you are!
Eldoon, I am in BC. It isn't freezing cold and snowing here but there is so much salt and rain that she comes off the road for the winter!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Actually, Ponygirl, I have no room to talk...mine is parked for the "winter" too!

·
Registered
688 Posts
No snow here, in fact some of the trees are in bud - hang in there, Ponygirl!

The office I work out of is in Surrey, and we got more snow there than here, strangely enough (although Surrey is home to many strange things!!)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eldoon, I forgot you were in Abbotsford, I am on the Island. I lived in Chilliwack for about 10 years moved here about 3 years ago.
Racerguy, I ended up using the Platinum plugs, figured I already had them and if all else fails, I will eat the 40 bucks I paid for them and buy autolites next time if I hate them. Need a new carb though, my mechanic buddy says mine is almost toast

but I will have to hold out a little for that.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The first crocuses are out today - the new season is just around the corner!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ponygirl where abouts in Chwk did you live?
I was born there and lived there til I was 8. I've still got a bunch of relaticks there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lived out on Teton ave, Fairfield Island for about 5 years and then moved to Sardis on Carter Road. Where are your relatives? I also worked at Save-On-Foods for nine years. Small freaking world!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I lived on Annis road....on the south side of the freeway. I've got a cousin on Marble Hill, aunt near the airport, another aunt in town, aunt and uncle on Chwk Lake road, etc etc etc. I still like visiting there but I wouldnt want to live there again.....too big and busy now. I'll stick with Terrace

And hey Eldoon you dont seem old enough or Mennonite enough to live in Abbotsford hehe

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just so you know...my last name is DUECK - a good Mennonite name! I haven't gotten around to painting all the chrome on my car black just yet (although the rest of the car is black).

My grandmother was very upset when I joined the cops because everyone knows that if you do that, you have to carry a gun and shoot people, hardly the profession for a good pacifist Mennonite boy like me! But...23 years later, and nary a shot fired in anger!

(for the record, I am what you might call an "ethnic Mennonite" - I'm not willing to give up the "snares of indolence and vice, and the sinful lusts of the flesh", to say nothing of the chrome on my car that some might consider "prideful and luxurious"!)

To totally change the subject, at some point we should find someplace central in BC where there is a car show to have a "Fordmuscle.com" section...all you fellow BC types (and for that matter, Washington & Oregon) seem like a pretty cool bunch!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Eldoon I guess I shoulda looked at your email address....I would have seen the Dueck

My mom's last name was Peters....and yes my grandparents lived in Clearbrook lol
I'm really shocked that you have chrome on your car!!!
That reminds me about everytime I drive through Decker Lake (near Burns Lake). There is a little church beside the highway and every vehicle I've ever seen parked there is either dark blue or black. Sometimes the whole parking lot is full of dark blue or black vehicles. It's pretty funny to see.
As for getting together with all the left coasters on here that sounds like a good idea. It seems that we have quite a few ppl on FordMuscle from BC. Could be fun

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whohooo, I am in on the party!! What about the 23rd International Mustang meet in Richmond from August 29-Sept 2?????

·
Registered
688 Posts
That would work for me unless you have to have a car that looks like a Mustang on the outside. If it only has to have the 302, C-4, etc., maybe they'll be understanding!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Like Columbo said, "oh, one more thing..."

What's the difference between a Mennonite girl and a garbage can?

Someone takes the garbage out once a week!

·
Registered
688 Posts
How do you make up the difference?

Force-feed the elephant!

(I should be careful here - you did say that your mom is a Mennonite girl!!)

·
Registered
100 Posts
You mean we aren't supposed to hit on the mennonite chicks?

I've noticed the dark, dull car thing before, thought it was 'cause they were cheapskates and not part of any religion.

What religion allows an overdose of tacked on gee-gaws ?... i see lots of those folks around!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts