Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had asked a while back what the correct headlight bulb markings for a 61 Ford would be and was told "FOMOCO". These are "TUNG-SOL". I know some manufactorers used some Tung-Sol parts but never heard of headlights. Anyone know anything about them and could they have been orginal to this car?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Tung Sol actually develop the first electric automobile headlight. I think they are more recognized as electronic tube manufacturers though

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I recall we had Tung-Sol headlamps in a couple cars, but I have no idea if they were a secondary source for production line or just what you found at NAPA years ago. You need to ask the concours guys. I'll ask one I know when I see him.

David

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
When i first saw the thread title i thought it said ton-sul because i was just kind of speed reading the topics. At least we know something about them now. Look forward to maybe hearing the rest of the story.

I have 2 headlamps off a car my dad and i parted that were still the original fomoco lamps. It had 25k miles on it or something like that, would have to dig out the speedo to know for sure. Might not been that low but know it was super low miles and still had those retainer things to hold the drums on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts