Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Dads 71 Maverick with an 88 5.0 swap with the factory fuel injection and AOD. It ran without issues till the radiator plugged up and junked the engine out. We rebuilt the motor top to bottom. 0.030 over new pistons and bearings. We put a set of aluminum cylinder heads with 202/160 valves Ford Motorsports E303 cam Comp 1.6 roller rockers. 70mm throttle body and 75mm mass air flow sensor. 30lb injectors. Explorer upper and lower intake manifold. The factory ECM is an 8LF from an early build California mass air car. Its has a Bama tuned chip set up for the car and runs like ****. We have since sourced a A9L computer and Im looking for any help for a new chip/tuner that any others on here have had success with. And maybe someone who knows of any good tuners in the Southern California area that we can take it to.
Thanks in Advance
Scott

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
... We have since sourced a A9L computer and Im looking for any help for a new chip/tuner that any others on here have had success with. And maybe someone who knows of any good tuners in the Southern California area that we can take it to.
Hey Scott, I would suggest finding your tuner first, as (s)he will already have what is necessary, or can tell you what to get that they prefer tuning with. There are lots of Fox-body and Ford-heavy sites with tuners and users to get recommendations from for your area, and hit local clubs for suggestions.

David

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David. I have already kinda told my dad that. Hes an long haul truck driver and not home for long periods of time so Im probably going to stop by Westech Performance in Mira Loma CA and talk to them as they are 20 mins from my work on Tuesday. Hopefully they can set me in the right direction to make this thing run right again since my dad didnt listen to me when over building his engine for a car he drives maybe 2000 miles a year. But seeing how it was my very first car and it being in the family for 20 years I have a soft spot inmy heart for it to make it right

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
That's great! :tup: It sounds like the goal is not the question, but only how to get there. Keep us posted!

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts