Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Not there since about 1984, but it was a great run then. I especially enjoyed their creative scavenger hunts and mass open-header cruises. Do they still have the occasional roman candle and rocket battles in the hotel hallways and across balconies? I imagine it was a bit different scene back then. ;) The other favorite was the free Brown Bag Rod Run down south, with the truckloads of awesome stuff they gave away, and the fun games. I remember I made my first car magazine at a Brown Bag run. I can't find any reference to it - is that one still going?

David

PS: Nice meats in the photo. What sizes and what wheels did you use? Any tubbing or other mods?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not over till tomorrow!
It's all kinda tame now, I was at the track. But there is plenty going on all over Daytona Beach though. No runs from the track, thast I know of, there are some games, balance beam is a fun one. I guess because of lawyers and liabilities everything is plain vanilla now. There are still plenty of prizes and freebees. The amazing thing is having 6000 / 9000 custom and classic cars all in the same place at the same time. It is a 4 day show and there is really too much to see. But it sure is fun to try!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts