Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am troubleshooting the turn signals on my 67 Galaxie convertible. I got the car not long ago and they have never worked.
I know that I need to replace the cancelling cam in the column, but I have the wheel off and I am not getting power to the switch.
I have power at the fuse, and I suspect the flasher. However, and this is going to sound stupid--I can't find the flasher.
The flasher for the 4 ways is easy to find, but I can't find the turn signal flasher.
I have found a 2 prong squarish canister to the right of the column on a bracket under the dash, but according to my factory manual, the wiring colors going to it are wrong, and it doesn't have the typical 2 prongs at 90 degrees connection that most flashers have.
Does anyone have a picture of a factory flasher that I can compare to, or is there another location where I can find the flasher? According to the manual, I'm looking for a 2 wire flasher, with an orange/yellow wire in and a blue wire out.
The car has air and access under the dash is pretty miserable.
Thanks,
Greg
2 '67 Galaxie Convertibles
1968 Mustang FB
1943 Ford GPW
1980 F 150 4x4

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha. Finally found a pic of the location in the manual. I had noticed the powder blue piece earlier looking thru the radio hole, but I absolutely could not reach it or see the wiring connected to it. I got my wife with small hands to pull it out, switched it with the 4 way flasher to test, and got power at the switch.
Can't believe Ford would've put the flasher unit there! And the wiring is so short. Stupid!
Anyway, thanks,
Greg

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I sometimes don't understand half the locations or methods auto manufacturers do. Maybe something to do with the order of assembly or something. Glad you found it. I was going to say look by the glove box. I only have a '64 and it just has one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts