Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if anyone has the part number for the movable column turn signal switch. I ordered one for a stationary column which I know works as I had 1 from an old car in my car once but this one didn't work. The location of the horn button interferes with the gear indicator light. The previous switch a had from the old car just needed longer wires. In my search for a matching switch I found that there are two switches with the same part number I don't know what that's all about. Part # C3AZ-13341C Below is a picture comparing the two switches. I believe there's a letter missing or something in the part number to differentiate the two switches. I'm wonder if floor shift vs column isn't the difference. As I wouldn't think the new switch would work on stationary column either for same reason as mine, the horn brush location.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shee-Mar.com. I recommend you look at your switch before ordering and be sure that it is like the blue one in the picture. After looking around at several places they can be like either one and be same part number.

TS40F is the switch i bought and part of the description says **
Ford
Galaxie, LTD
Without Moveable Steering Column
1963, 1964
Note if you have the automatic column shift you may have clearance issues, although 99% of our customers have had no issues with this, there are instructions included for this switch to fit for your application.** The wires were plenty long enough but the horn button location caused an issue. If you look for C4AZ-13341 you will find both of the switches, same number but almost always saying for stationary column. Makes no sense at all to me. But non moveablei know works in my car but why 2 different switches.

·
Registered
260 Posts
According to the 1960 - 1964 Ford Car Parts and Accessories books, page 720 (Section 130) in the text manual, the part number for 1963-64 Galaxie, Switch and Mount Plate - Turn Indicator WITH moveable steering column is C3AZ-13341-D. As you guessed, the only difference between "moveable steering column" and "except moveable steering column"part numbers is the suffix.

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I ordered another by picture reading with C at end and noticed both have the same number but think somewhere something got lost. Regular column sift and movable column automatics would be same but for wire length. But most of the switches I found were for floor and maybe manual shift with no gear indicator lighting. Then the locating of the horn brush and mounting screw wouldn't be an issue if at the 2 o'clock position. Most 64 autos seem to be floor shift that I've seen and the lighting would be in console then.

I'll make note of this part number and update on the second switch I ordered. Which I'm hoping is only a wire length issue.

Btw,good to see you again rangoon!

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way the forum is now it shows related posts and one was from 2003 by Ioman with exact issue as i had. But there was no remedy so have no idea what he did with his.

·
Registered
420 Posts
But most of the switches I found were for floor and maybe manual shift with no gear indicator lighting. Then the locating of the horn brush and mounting screw wouldn't be an issue if at the 2 o'clock position. Most 64 autos seem to be floor shift that I've seen and the lighting would be in console then.
Shotrod64, The turn signal harness for a '67 does not incorporate the shift indicator wire in it regardless of whether or not it has a moveable column. It is a separate wire that runs alongside the harness but still plugs into the plastic connecter as the main harness does. I found this out when smoke was coming from my steering column a couple years ago at a car show. I thought everyone was gathering around my car admiring my interior. Nope!

I don't know whether or not '64 used the same type set-up so I just thought I'd throw this out there.

fullsizeoutput_865.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shotrod64, The turn signal harness for a '67 does not incorporate the shift indicator wire in it regardless of whether or not it has a moveable column. It is a separate wire that runs alongside the harness but still plugs into the plastic connecter as the main harness does. I found this out when smoke was coming from my steering column a couple years ago at a car show. I thought everyone was gathering around my car admiring my interior. Nope!

I don't know whether or not '64 used the same type set-up so I just thought I'd throw this out there.

View attachment 165888
Mine doesn't either, glad it wasn't worse!!! But the first switch i got the horn brush location was over top of where the wire goes into the indicator light. Don't think the horn would work well!
After messing with the wires and going to a cruise I was smelling hot wires so I get out, open hood and sniff and feel the firewall wires then under the dash and in the trunk thinking oh no fire, especially when I just had a house fire a few days prior! Didn't find anything so I got my chair out and moved away from the car. I found it was just something in the air! Most likely another homeless persons abandoned motorhome that burnt. They seem to mysterious combust around here often and they have a similar burnt wiring like smell. That was a relief!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts