Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F150 STX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the event of damage, how are twin i-beams re-aligned? I remember something about machinery anchored into concrete flooring and hydraulic rams of some sort. Is this duplicatable?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Find a frame shop. A precious few alignment shops still have frame machines (frame bender) due to fewer frames today, and even fewer that know how to use them properly. Increased liability and related insurance write-offs, along with disappearing old knowledge is drying them up. 😕

·
Registered
2021 F150 STX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New front drum brakes on the ‘67 f100 (installed correctly this time from my last attempt) and the 351w project drives. I must say the ride down our county dirt/pothole masterpiece road sure is different from the 2021f150 4x4. Twin ibeam sure handles the holes better. I had almost forgotten how neat first gear (granny) {new process 4 speed} is to let it idle and actually walk beside it… no not in front of the grandkids!

·
Registered
2021 F150 STX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone needs copy of pages from these 1967ford truck shop manuals I have I can send if it helps. Would need some coaching on how to send in a way that keeps the bots and trolls out of the loop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts