Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas so I did a rough fitting today..I find the front of the rad cradle is a tough place to keep clean(bug guts,stone chips,dust) so I figured why not just hide it?..After I had it installed for a couple of minutes it looked like it should have been there from the factory IMO...Need to do a little cleanup around the hood latch and some new fasteners to complete the install..One peeve is the horns need to be relocated a little lower.The panel is also available without the black paint in a brushed aluminium sort of look.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
very nice..:tup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
congrats, looks good. Just wondering if that would affect airflow thru the radiator or not, enough to affect cooling . I guess my question is would it make airflow go thru the radiator more efficiently or let less outside air in & have a tendency to run hotter because of less? airflow. I do like the look & cleanliness of it though.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
congrats, looks good. Just wondering if that would affect airflow thru the radiator or not, enough to affect cooling . I guess my question is would it make airflow go thru the radiator more efficiently or let less outside air in & have a tendency to run hotter because of less? airflow. I do like the look & cleanliness of it though.
It should direct the airflow directly into the rad for better cooling.It closes off the area between the top of the grill and the rad support so the air cannot escape over the top of the rad..It's purpose is just for looks in my case so any other bonus would be great.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
It looks good Willy.

I am curious how it attaches to the radiator support? Did you need to drill any holes?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Santa brought me one of these for Christmas so I did a rough fitting today..I find the front of the rad cradle is a tough place to keep clean(bug guts,stone chips,dust) so I figured why not just hide it?

..After I had it installed for a couple of minutes it looked like it should have been there from the factory IMO...Need to do a little cleanup around the hood latch and some new fasteners to complete the install..One peeve is the horns need to be relocated a little lower.
Did SANTA mention where it is sourced or is there a manufacturer's label on it?

Looks Good!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It looks good Willy.

I am curious how it attaches to the radiator support? Did you need to drill any holes?
No holes Dennis..On the 68 it uses the two adjustable hood bumpers and the center two bolts that attach the grill to the hood latch to hold it in place..You can plainly see them all if you take a look at the pics..It comes with plastic washers to go under the heads of the bolts to prevent scratching of the panel..The only thing that may require some new holes are the horns which must be relocated(at least on the 68).

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I like it, how hard is it to get on and off, in case you need to access the wires or something down there.

But your right, it looks like it should have been there all along.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like it, how hard is it to get on and off, in case you need to access the wires or something down there.

But your right, it looks like it should have been there all along.
It's not hard to remove..The biggest pain would be readjusting the rubber bumpers if you were going to do it often.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I think I tried one of those. It would not work with my hood prop rod. The metal was so thin that I would not trust it either. If I remember, also had to relocate the horns or one of the horns. I felt t hat it should go up over and attach to the top of the radiator support also.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I tried one of those. It would not work with my hood prop rod. The metal was so thin that I would not trust it either. If I remember, also had to relocate the horns or one of the horns. I felt t hat it should go up over and attach to the top of the radiator support also.
You would not trust it to do what?..All it does is sit there and look pretty. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts