Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built some stands to take the weight off of the rottiserie that i built. I attached some pitcures and basicle they will support the brackets coming off of the bumper mounts. Will this be an issue?

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
NO Phucing clue what you are working with (other than any Fairlane ever built) but I will tell you this...

1: Place Front support at area of contact with lower control arm.

2: Place Rear support stands at FORWARD position of rear Leaf Spring. (this may preclude that there is 4 feet of car to the rear of rear stands but that's normally OK)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I built some stands to take the weight off of the rottiserie that i built. I attached some pitcures and basicle they will support the brackets coming off of the bumper mounts. Will this be an issue?
The way you are going about suspending the car is correct. Just reinforce if you do any structural repairs/mods on the body while it is still suspended.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sorry. It is a 69 Fairlane Fastback 500.

Are you talking about door bracing?

Yeah he was talking about door-cross bracing if doing structural repairs. (ie: whole floor pans etc)...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Don't see it being a issue other than the body will no longer spin on rotisserie.

Just curious to why you are building the stands?

My car has been on a rotisserie for over a year with no additional support and no problems. Though I did additional bracing when I cut out the uni-body rails and floors.

Are these just extra insurance when car is sitting/not being worked on?

Lou

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My plan is when I'm not working on the body I can use the rotisserie as axle stand and also insurance when working on it.
It will be fine, no harm no foul.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't see it being a issue other than the body will no longer spin on rotisserie.

Just curious to why you are building the stands?

My car has been on a rotisserie for over a year with no additional support and no problems. Though I did additional bracing when I cut out the uni-body rails and floors.

Are these just extra insurance when car is sitting/not being worked on?

Lou
Why did you have to cut the unibody rails?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts