Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unidentified switches and wires

Some wires and switches are for me unidentified. The shop manual and wiring diagram are studied, but I didnt got an answer;)

This is a pic of one of the swithes: elf.jpg
Its two almost identical swithes on the floor. The left one is the high beam switch. Someone have any idea of what the right switch is?

Here is 2 pics of the other switch, a rotating switch: elf2.jpg elf3.jpg
This switch is connected to thick brown wires and 2 relays(I assume)
Is it a part of the AC-system?

Here is a pic of one of the relays: elf4.jpg

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The one under the dash might be for a fader for the radio..not 100% sure. The one on the floor I'd bet is a home made anti-theft device which hides under the floor mat. If you trace the wires, they probably lead to the coil to cut off power so it won't fire.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Do you have a reverb for the radio?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe. Its an old amplifier in the trunk, so maybe the brown wires is a part of the reverb. The radio had ok sound, but it was only the old original front speaker which worked, not the original in the package tray. Now its disconnected, because the car has a new speaker in front and a cd player/radio will soon be installed. A new package tray is made where it is two big speakers.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Maybe FOG lights or BACK UPLLIGHTS.. I had a cougar that I had to put a toggle switch on for the points. The ignition switch was BAD and it wouldn't let it stay running..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Whatever they are I don't believe they are factory issue. I've had mine in pieces and never encountered any of them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fog- and backuplights works properly independable of other than the ordinary light knobs and swithes. It looks logical that my car has reverb.

Checked the two wires from the floorswitch (similar to the high beam switch), one is routed to the ignition switch and the other to the rotary switch under the dash. So these two switches is connected. The floorswitch may turn the reverb on and off and the rotary switch adjust it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts