Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have any suggestions as to how to keep the damn mice out of my Torino? I suspected they were there when I kept finding bits and pieces of firewall insulation on my carpets. Took the car for a run last night and one of the little buggers started running around inside the car! I used to put mothballs in the cabinets of my camper when I stored it for the winter, but that's not really the smell I want in the car when I'm cruisin.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I've never faced this in a car, only in a house. The strategy I followed was 1. Deny access (patch holes, etc.), 2. Eliminate food sources, 3. Set traps, and 4. Put out poison. By using all four steps persistently I got rid of them in two houses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tim1859 on 5/30/02 10:45pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just glad the wife wasn't in the car when the mouse appeared. Would've been hard to drive with her perched on my shoulders!

So Greg - the soap has the same affect on mice that it does on 5 year olds, huh?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-05-30 15:16, RumpityRump wrote:
Dyno, are you serious,did you really find some under your seats.
Yes, when I was putting in the new carpet in the Galaxie the previous owner had a bunch of soap bars put under the seats.

I was wondering what the hell all that soap was doing there,and now it makes sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts