Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure what there called but im looking for a dominator air cleaner, ive seen them on old cars they look like 4 stacks with a foam ball on the top of every one. my carb is the old style with little sleves that stick up on each barrel. also looking for bowls for this carb and extra parts also.

any help out there, thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are called velocity stacks and my 1998 Holley catalog still lists them, p/n 17-16.
They are 3" tall and will not fit the new h/p series carbs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stacks im talking about are about 6-9 inches tall and look like air horns

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does any body know where to get these Velocity Stacks for the old style dominator carb? ive found a few pics but none for sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when i try to cross refrence any of the holley numbers they send me to a non workable page. does any body have pics or know where to get these holley stacks??

·
Registered
101 Posts
I looked on their website last night and they do not list it so they may have discontinued it. You might try and call them. I'll see if I can scan my catalog tonight and if it comes out I will email you a pic.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have an old Holley catologue, ( 1978 ), here's a picture they show with part numbers. I dont know if they still make them.

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 2/9/02 4:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what im looking for!!!!!!!!!!

I must have

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
found some stacks on ebay
(dominator velocity stacks)

do these look like the holley brand to yall?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those be the ones. They are supposed to have a little four pronged holddown that goes on top of the stacks in the center on the aircleaner stud to hold the stacks in place. If you decide to bid on these you might want to ask the seller if he has this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if they dont come with the hold down clip how much do yall think they are worth?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
if your good with a jig saw, you can make your own. It's just to keep the stacks from falling off or moving around. If you think about it it will come to you very quickly on how to make it.

Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts