Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago I posted pictures of the 1963 Galaxie 500 XL convertible that my dad bought and asked for everyone's expertise as to if the price was decent at $8K.

Many people asked for updates once I had them so I wanted to share the update I got today.
So my dad has been working to get the original carb rebuilt on the 1963 Galaxie that he bought so he could get it from the seller to his garage.
Well he got a call from the seller asking if he wanted to take a cruise today, as he was able to get the other carb (edlebrock) working and had cleaned the first layer of dust off.

So these are the first pictures of the Galaxie a bit cleaned up driving.

There is still a lot to be done and a good cleaning that the whole car needs, but looking better then when it was covered in dust and stuck in a garage for 13 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
ya know......
when you first described the car I didn't post anything but was thinking "ouch, this is a little expensive for what he is describing."

After seeing the pictures, it sounds like that was just a bout right, assuming it runs, etc.
Now you just need to find some original interior and a different steering wheel and you'll be good to go!

good luck, drive the heck outta it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.