Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some searching...Big Nasty is not a 69...it is a '71. Truck ran great when I got it but do have a slight smoking issue. I did the top end regasket and found a bad intake gasket leaking water into cylinder #4. After getting everything back together...The smoking got worse and now started going thru about a quart of oil a week. Needless to say that won't work...so engine is now out and off to the rebuilders. Hopefully we get it back soon and Big Nasty is put back on the road. Heres a fairly recent pic after we got the rear lowered.

Jon

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going in ...in the morning....

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Anything fancy inside?

Put a set of headers on it while its out, THE best thing to do for an FE of any size, especially in a truck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah...nothing fancy. It's going in my boys truck....so Mileage is a premium,(LOL).....He'll have to add headers at a later date...as for now....I'm spent about all I'm going to on it. Basic rebuild @$1,600.00.....

Installed it today and while we were filling up the fluids we noticed a slight leak at the thermostat housing....pulled it off and found a broken housing. So new housing will be at the parts store tomorrow so we'll get to fire her up tomorrow....

Jon

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything fancy inside?

Put a set of headers on it while its out, THE best thing to do for an FE of any size, especially in a truck

Been thinking about the header thing....It is Christmas.....so maybe......

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
After some searching...Big Nasty is not a 69...it is a '71.

For a split second I almost thought that was my old truck that I sold circa 1995. Mine was a 72, but had the early style grill, bed with no side marker lights, and so on. Mine was also gray but I had a Fox body Mustang hood scoop on it.

That's one of the only vehicles I regret selling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts