Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new upper control arm kits for my 67, and was wondering whats the trick in removing the old ones.
I cant get enough push on the bolted part to move the bush, i thought about just cutting it, then i could pul it out and then press the old bushes out.
getting the new kit in will be easy, so obviously theres a trick or a special way to push these suckers.
David.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Take a torch and burn the rubber out. Then take a hack saw apart and insert the blade into the outer shell and put it back together and carefully cut the outer shell and you will be able to knock the shell out with a hammer and chisel.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
I ended up doing mine by taking the arms into a suspension shop, and they pressed them out and pressed the new ones in.
A lot easier than doing it yourself.

·
Registered
136 Posts
my rubber in mine was all dry rottied so i was able to pull/tare it out. then got a big screw driver and a hammer and bent the sleave on the inside of the a-arm inward then took the screw driver on the outside lip were i could pry on it and hit the a-arm with a hammer around the area while i pried on the sleave and they came out with not mush trouble at all.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts