Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SVO # M-6010 351 W / 4Bolt mains. Due to an over qualified MORON, need #5 Main Cap.
Seems this MORON, wanting to help a friend design deep pan, took a grinder to the cap (see, over $&*# qualified) to make some clearance.
Ford won't break a set, only sell him complete block. So if you know of someone @ SVO or have a friend who has calved theirs (saving the caps) please let me know. $$$ for the finder.
Fred
E-mail me: [email protected] or leave a message here
Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you considered having a lawyer call to motivate the shop to buy new ones for you? especially seeing as how they are the ones who did unauthorized work which potentially could ruinn the part costing thousands in parts to be destroyed

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When he first called me, I thought "No Biggie, the shop is responsible." But, it turns out, he had the block at home and was doing some minor adjustments.
Lets just say his "helper" has disappeared and we fear he may have headed back to the hills.
My machine shop is trying to locate it too but because it is a 4 bolt cap, instead of the standard 2 bolt (these blocks upto last year came out #2,3,4 as 4 bolt and #1 & 5 as 2 bolts)
The block from Ford is $3,100 , then add on all the additional machining and this is going to be a $7,000 replacement so thats why I am trying to help.

Thanks and please keep those eyes and ears open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts