Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
okyko, do you know what year Galaxie that Cruiso manual is for? :confused: That info would make it 100% more useful. There were so many of them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my contribution to the docs.

65-72 Ford Parts Manual Text 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgyfj4bsn38vikg/65-72%20Ford%20Text1.PDF
65-72 Ford Parts Manual Text 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1mk4q0em9eecvb/65-72 Ford Text Continued2.PDF
65-72 Ford Parts Diagrams 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0hc5vq4hyyskcv/65-72%20Ford%20Diagrams3.PDF

The files that say text are the actual part numbers and the file that says diagrams shows pictures of the parts and part group number. Once you find the group # you go to that section of the Text file and find the part number based on year, body style, equipped options, etc. Take a little effort to figure it all out, and section 20 and 21 are out of order which is also confusing.

Hope it helps you like it has me.
Hello Don

I tried the links to get these files but they are not working. If you still have the files, would you mind sharing them with my dropbox? Or providing us with a new link? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hello Don

I tried the links to get these files but they are not working. If you still have the files, would you mind sharing them with my dropbox? Or providing us with a new link? Thank you very much.

I just tried them and they are working for me.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Sorry for some odd reason the links are not working at the moment. If anyone wants theses Pm your email I will send them to you.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Links should be working again , must admit I would have thought all you fellow galaxians(!) would have shared your love a little more freely but hey ho .

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Pride63 - I've noticed various Dropbox links stop working after a while, such as those from donwhiz in post #12. Perhaps as the instigator of this helpful thread, you can collect the various linked items, and maintain your own new links in the first post (with credits to original posters). This way they are all together instead of searching 3 pages to find what you're after, and if the posted links break, you can update your 1st post with working ones. Is that possible?

I also like Dropbox for ease and simplicity, however, it appears it is not entirely reliable. Well, make that quite unreliable over longer terms, and I find many broken Dropbox links that are several months to over 1 year old. I can scout a more permanent free hosting site to store backups and possibly link to if that's helpful.

David

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
It's probably best to find a new host if possible as Dropbox links need updating all the Time.
How can we get more people to contribute? Any ideas David?

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
It's probably best to find a new host if possible as Dropbox links need updating all the Time.
I can check with a couple car nuts I know in the hosting biz. Will let you know when I know.
How can we get more people to contribute? Any ideas David?
And there's the rub. There is a fear (often legitimate) of copyright infringement. This tends to quash the free sharing of some stuff. I would say this will be your greatest hurdle, as the facts must be thoroughly researched for your own protection, and then potential participants (including hosting sites) educated in those facts and limitations.

David

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my quest to rewire this car I was unable to find any color coded diagrams for the 65 Galaxie.
I ended up just color coding it myself and figured you guys would probably want it as well.
I also have the 1965 Ford Mercury Shop manual that I'm going to upload soon.
I noticed that the dropbox links were not always reliable so I went ahead and just put it on my server.

If you guys want, I can grab all the rest of the docs you have here and put them up on my server as well. If one of you has a bunch of them you can email them to me or I can just add an upload area.
For now, it's just the wiring diagram

Directory

1965 Galaxie Wiring Diagram - Color Coded

21 - 40 of 53 Posts