Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,I have a 62 falcon originally straight six in it.We bought it from some one who was trying to make a drag car.They cut up the fire wall,gutted the wiring,and now all that is left is the body with a huge hole in the firewall and the differential.I am wanting to put a 302 in it and it is from 1980.I need toknow what wiring harness is the right one to get along with header and pipes.I've decided to go with a c-4 trans i know i can use the same cross member.Is the anything i need to do with the suspension. what kind of radiator should i get and should the battery go in the trunk. This also will be a daily driver.If you all could point me in the right direction it would be great.Also what should i do about the fire wall being hatcheted up

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
There are hundreds of post on this subject already written, do a little reading and use the search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the biggest Concern I have is that all the wiring is gone. Since I am throwing in a 302 what should I do about the wiring harness...I am sure that I need the get all the stock wiring for the vehicle it self, But is there anyway I can use the stock gauges and cluster's or what should I do about the engine wiring I am lost ive never done a project like this...and I want to keep this as stock as possible if possible...please help

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
the biggest Concern I have is that all the wiring is gone. Since I am throwing in a 302 what should I do about the wiring harness...I am sure that I need the get all the stock wiring for the vehicle it self, But is there anyway I can use the stock gauges and cluster's or what should I do about the engine wiring I am lost ive never done a project like this...and I want to keep this as stock as possible if possible...please help

Yes you can keep everything stock as in guages etc. The engine harness isnt that big of a deal, a trip to the JY will help.... I wouldnt be worrying over that part of project just yet, if the fire wall is out thats the starting point.....M2C..

MRO...

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
He did you a favor. :) You can fit any transmission and engine combo that you want now.

I would get the new 302 Coyote crate motor and a 6 spd trans.

You could use a Firewall from just about any car and graft it into place. Along with the transmission tunnel. I would get the tunnel from a Fox Body mustang or something like that. You will have more room for a overdrive transmisson. Much nicer for a daily driver if you ask me.

Or you start bending steel up and weld it into place.

All of the wiring is gone, Now is the time to upgrade your wiring. Painless wiring makes a universal hot rod kit, used one in my 64 Fairlane.
There are several other cheaper kits out there. Check on ebay.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hagar John, I went to your profile but didn't say where you were from. I located near Ft. Hood, Texas. I recently bought a 62 Futura 2dr sdn with a good firewall. It may be to costly to ship and cheaper to find one closer to you. I've a couple pics on my flickr link. Just a thought. E-mail me at [email protected] if I can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.