Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Without the data plate, I know of no way. I do know that if your car has a glue in backglass it was made after Feburary 1964. Prior to Feb. 64 they had the rubber weatherstrip like the 1963. Can't remember the date of change, but believe it was Feb. 21, 1964.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really can't tell, thinking it may have been replaced along the line. It almost looked like there was a rubber w/stripping with buttle as well. The guy at Greg Donohue said to look for cast in the body panels for clues and all I can seem to get was it was built aftewr Jan 30/ 64. Other clues are 3 screws for the sunvisor brackets, and other cars that have similar VIN'S. Hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The rods connecting to the door locks have metal clips on the early cars. They are plastic on the later cars. Also, the top stamping on my car is different from my friends early model.

BTW: You can tell about the back glass by removing the inside garnish mldg, and looking for the big seal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 3/22/06 7:46pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 3/22/06 7:49pm ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.