Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are headers from a 70's V8 Maverick compatable to a '68 V8 falcon?

I have a chance to score a set of full length, ceramic coated, headers for a 70's Maverick. I can get them dirt cheap ($40.00) I can only get them, if I can use them though.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Do you have the Mfg or pn if so maybe it's possible to cross to other cars. Headers are very tricky for Falcons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should be able to pick them up sometime later this week. Only information so far is that they are for a V8 Maverick, full length, coated and they have the ball-collector instead of the 3-bolt flange.

I'm hoping that they fit, but I know how my luck is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My sister was able to get the headers dropped off this weekend. On first inspection, the Drivers side header had the big gap between the two front tubes, and the two rear tubes (like the falcon requires) So that was a good sign. I ran the part number stamped on them, and they came back as HTC coated Hedman Headers #500-88306 which fits 64-73 Mustang, 69-77 Maverick, and 66-70 Falcon.

So looks like I'm in luck, and scored a cheep set of headers for my car. There was a short section of exhaust and turndowns with a set of small Flowmaster mufflers bolted on them as well, so that was an unexpected bonus for me.

The guy that had them said there wasn't really many miles on them. But he left them behind his barn out in the weather for a couple years. Said that if he would have put them up in the rafters instead, thay would have still looked brand new yet. Anyways, for $40 bucks, I'm not complaining.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice score

1 - 6 of 6 Posts