Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I just found this forum and it looks like it is pretty active so here is my question. The vacuum motors under the dash on my '67 act sluggish and the main motor mounted on the AC plenum under the hood will not work unless I hook it up directly to the vacuum canister or bypass the vacuum selector. I have another selector that I hooked up but had the same results. What are the chances that both selectors are bad? All of the motors work if they are plumbed directly to the hose going to the selector. How are the selectors ported so that I can test them? Also does anyone have a schematic that shows how the motors relate to each other when they are activated? Right now I have the heater door wired open and the heat pours out of the heat, AC and defrost vents which works during the winter but come summer it will not be good. Sorry my first question had to be a complicated one. Steve

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'd imagine that the selectors are prone to leak with age so that may be the problem in both cases. I don't have experience with them in that vintage but I have had a few vacuum operated headlights on Mercs etc. that leaked at the switch which is pretty common. If you can scare up a '67 shop manual for full size it should have the port schematic.

TOCMP only has '67 Tbird but they may be similarly ported. Stu

http://www.tocmp.com/manuals/Ford/1967/TBird%20Shop/Group%2016/pages/VentilatingHeatingAccsy_0009.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts