Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 351 windsor i stroked out to a 408 with a solid roller cam and was wondering if someone could tell me the order in which i adjust my valves any help would be great.....madpony

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
I do mine as the exhaust just starts to open adjust the intake, and as the intake goes past full open and is almost closed adjust the exhaust.. Easy way to remember E.O.I.C (exhaust open intake close)

·
Registered
865 Posts
This is the MOST full proof way to do it. You also dont have to turn the engine over as many times with this method. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
max power that web site is for hydraulic lifters i have solid lifters but thx bro i do apprecite the help if u have any other suggestions plz let me know iam open for any help i can get..........THX

·
Registered
429 Posts
The only difference with hydraulic and solids is what you tighten the rocker to. The procedure for finding the base circle of the cam is the same. Instead of rotating the pushrod until resistence and tightening a little more, this is where you would get your feeler guage and set to spec. That's the only difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaxPower on 9/27/06 5:25am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts