Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '63 has the vented fiberglass hood and I'm curious if everyone just avoids rain, or does not that much make it through? I'd like to get this car to be a true drive anytime car, but will probably avoid rain most of the time. I'd like to hear from others what they do if they get caught in the occasional shower. Does enough come through to mess up a decently detailed engine bay?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually, the water coming through the vents is much cleaner than the water being splashed up off the road. The cleaner water will help rinse off the road snot and make your detail job last longer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't have trouble driving it, it is when I park it that the rain gets in and makes corrosion spots on my alluminium air filter. I've learned to back it in the carport so the rain gets on the trunk, didn't work durring Issac though! I was covering the air cleaner with my fender cover but kept driving it for several blocks till I remembered to take it off. I may clean and polish the air cleaner then spray it with clear and see how that works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts