Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There were around 150,000 LTD's built in 1972. Most have rusted away or were crushed in the communist behaviour-modification policy called "Cash For Clunkers". I fought the little red bastards that currently run this nation by saving this car from being parted out or worse. Why? because this is ONE of 117 factory built with a Power Sun Roof.

As per "Marti report"; there were only
117 built with Sun Roof
643 built with this color / trim combination
And very few built with the Automatic Air ride Load Adjuster suspension.

Car was very solid to start with. It has new 2 stage basecoat/clearcoat paint that was block sanded and buffed.
The 400 Cleveland headed motor with C6 auto were freshly rebuilt and the 2 bbl intake/carb has been replaced by aluminum 4bbl Edelbrock intake & carb. Wheels were replaced with 17" Mustang Bullet rims. Exhaust is 2-1/2" "H pipe" full length. Every thing else is as stock. The car is not flawless. It still needs some interior detail work related to steering wheel, window cranks, arm rest, but head liner and carpet has been replaced.

Asking price is, $15,900.00 cash and/or partial trade and cash for this well optioned vintage sports sedan.
630-876-5320

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you tell me a little more about the 400 motor? I actually own 72 ltd with 351 modified and c6 auto and want to upgrade to a 4bbl carb but don't know where to get an intake manifold to fit it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you tell me a little more about the 400 motor? I actually own 72 ltd with 351 modified and c6 auto and want to upgrade to a 4bbl carb but don't know where to get an intake manifold to fit it.

Did you change the cam and gears? You will be pleased how much it fix's a 1972 motor.
You might try looking at Summit web page, part #EDL-2171 or other parts company.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts