Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 66 Mustang 302 that I haven't been having any problems with. However, after having run out of gas, I noticed that when putting a load on the engine...it tends to vibrate heavily. The vibration "feels" as if it is coming from one side....Im not aware of any knocking sounds or anything else of the sort. Additionally, after the car has picked up momentum.....the vibrating diminishes and is not as heavy when I put a load on it. Anyone have any thoughts on what it might be?

·
Registered
659 Posts
better check u joints and soon

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same thing happened to my friend's '73 Benz. Ran out of gas, took a bit of gas and some directly in the carb to get it started, and now it vibrates heavily, only under load, and it kind of feels like it's moving from the front of the car to the back of it. According to his oil pressure gauge his oil pressure is alot lower, and it drops a little with each vibration, and then raises up after it passes, but then shoots up again when he gives it gas. Sound about right? I haven't quite figured out what's going on yet...

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
I agrre with the plugs. You might have damaged one and now it's got a weak cylinder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts