Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seriously considering swapping to a vic jr on my 306, but by looking at the pics of the intake, there are no holes/bosses to mount my existing throttle cable bracket. How have you guys been hooking up to these intakes? (carb intake, not EFI).

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I don't know but I would guess they buy a Lokar setup.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Interesting, the 2 bbl and the 351w has the bosses for your brackets but the standard 4bbl 289/302 Vic Jr. doesn't.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed that too, I don't know why they put them on the 351 version and not the 302 version. Thanks Edlebrock, lol.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had to make a bracket to mount my throttle. Was a pain in the butt. I don't like how my throttle cable is routed, nor to I like how the bracket came out. I'm really thing about making a bell crank link to make things a bit cleaner.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
shoot me a private and i will send you a picture of the one i made it was really simple took about 30 min start to finish (paint)

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I bought a bracket from a buddy that has the exact same bracket on an airboat. It sandwiches in between the carb and the intake and has an adjustable "ear" that attatches the throttle cable. I believe Mr Gasket makes them as well.

Edit: I found the one I am using: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10001_10002_12839_-1

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mavman on 12/1/06 11:16am ]</font>

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help guys. I went out and looked at the existing cable last night, it showing its age. I think I'm just gonna use the lokar cable and brackets, its only about $60.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts