Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what engine our 65 Galaxie was originally equiped with, It now has a 69 302 in it I believe. The vin is 1GHDT13W2X2XXXXXX. Any help would be great, and if anyone can tell me how to prove what engine is in it now that would also be great. It is a small block in it now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
According to my book the T code was a six cylinder from 63 to 72. Can't say that I have ever seen a six cylinder Galaxie though.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I had a Custom 500 with a six in it, but I thought in purchasing a Galaxie you got an automatic and a V-8 as standard package.

Wm.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh Daaa....... had the vin writting down on a piece of paper in my wallet to get insurance on it. It is the wrong one, that is the one off of my wifes Brovada...... Let try this a different way, Im at work and do not have the vin with me, what were the engine codes in 65. Sorry for the mix up. but it was kind of funny to read the replys this morning.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can actually say that that was typed in and ready to hit the submit button then though I would never get any help here again. As you can see I have not gotten any futher help yet so maybe I should have done it.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I'm here again to help you... Never fear when FE is near!

1964 and 1965 ****Engine Code letters**** Fairlane/Mustang/Falcon/Comet/Cougar/Montego/Maverick/Torino

U = 170 CI

T = 200 CI

F = 260 CI

K = 289 CI

*4 = 170 CI

*6 = 260 CI (* indicates the Low Compression engine)

*****1966*****Fairlane/Mustang/Falcon/Comet/Cougar/Montego/Maverick/Torino

A = 289 4V

C = 289 2V

K = 289 HI Perf.

T = 200 CI

Y = 390 2V

Z = 390 4V

1965 Ford & Thunderbird (the Big cars)

C = 289 2V

V = 240 CI (inline 6)

X = 352 4V

Z = 390 4V

R = 427 2-4V setup

Now it THAT don't help you Nothing will....

FE

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks FEandGoingBroke
, just as I expected, 289 2v. And sorry for the T yesturday

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 416Ford on 9/20/06 7:55am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
No need to be sorry for anything bro! We really do like the excuses though... Kind of like stickers giving rice burners more HP, a good excuse here will give you more knowledge points!

FE

P.S. Stick around kid, you'll have fun!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FEandGoingBroke on 9/23/06 8:41am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
On 2006-09-19 04:54, 416Ford wrote:
Oh Daaa....... had the vin writting down on a piece of paper in my wallet to get insurance on it. It is the wrong one, that is the one off of my wifes Brovada...... Let try this a different way, Im at work and do not have the vin with me, what were the engine codes in 65. Sorry for the mix up. but it was kind of funny to read the replys this morning.
Wow! I was about to say that VIN has WAY TOO many numbers in it!!!
Stu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts