Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
6G- means 1966
66- means later in 1966, probably about halfway
Q- means you have the ULTRA-RARE(!!!!) 425 engine! My God! Where did you find this car!?
2- means that 2 of this type were ordered
0- means 0 defects were found upon shipment from the factory. ONLY 9999 OF FORDS CARS IN '66 RECEIVED THIS COVETED NUMBER!
1- means that only 1 of this engine was produced for actual sale
7- indicates preferred air pressure in the tires, in this case 32 PSI
8- number of passengers the car can carry under DOT regulations
3- means you have a backup light, which was not common with this equipment combination.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the info.... are you the "Galaxie" king? Or are you a mechanic? I would love to ask you lots of questions concerning my car/things to do to it/helpful regular maint.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that is the question...all my after market dress up kit says 428 but I questioned that. Based on what farmallmta says it's a 425.. I'm CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to know exactly what type of engine I have so I can order parts for it. I'll take pics and post....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Private Message from Clubgoer1 Posted: 2006-11-20 16:33

On 2006-11-20 16:33, clubgoer1 wrote:
Are you saying that my engine based on VIN number or the other number I posted... My gas mileage sucks so not sure if we are talking the same things here. All the dress up on the engiine say 428... I was curious to see if the guy who sold it to me shafted me.....dressing the car up to 428 when it was not. I am trying to find out as much about the car as possible. I know nothing about cars but purchased it to hopefully work on it myself..... Where are you located?
Anybody gives this guy my home address or phone number... I'll kill 'em. Plus I so totally WON'T help you decode your cars EVER!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
What the? Club, go to www.lovefords.org

Factory 65 Galaxie 500 390/4v

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 11/21/06 8:53am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 11/21/06 8:54am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Clubber... look at this picture too... you have a 428 cubic inch FE series engine... NOt RARE not Common.... NOt too special, but with a real desireable crank, used to stroke 390 engines which are a smaller BORE and shorter Stroke 428...

FE

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
The big meanies! I hadn't read the previous post til tonight so it just blew past me til NOW! LOL It was funny but also was mean. He might only be 18 and wasn't even born yet when these came out. He's trying to figure it all out at least. Give him a little credit. Hah! I still have my moments.

Deb

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's a possibiility he had a 66 buick 425 in it but that's a ford FE intake manifold.....

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
He has a nice car too. I'm gonna PM him and welcome him into the fold. He isnt exactly trying to fix up a ricer ya know.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ahem.

In case you've FORGOTTEN, the left cylinder bank of the rare 425 was the export HYBRID cylinder bank for the '66 Galaxies sent to Japan. Sake, alcohol made from rice, was the fuel of choice for that cylinder bank in Japan at that time. Yes, they had to use hi-octane gas for the RIGHT cylinder bank, but that just reinforces the fact that FORD developed the first true hybrid power engine, not the Japanese as is often but mistakenly believed.

So technically, yes he's fixing up a rice burner, but only the one half.

C'mon, guys. Be kind to the newbie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts