Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've been working on the air for a couple weeks. I spend a few hours on it for three to four days a week. I'm taking my time to make sure I do a clean install. I have the evaporator completely installed and wired. Looks pretty good so far. Roger

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes it's the Gen IV .It comes in the Surefit kit.The evaporator was not to hard to install.It was a little tight getting all the vent hoses to fit under the dash without interfering with the wipers.The wiring was very simple and easy and I'm no auto electrician.To program the unit was even simpler. You ground a gray wire turn the key on and wait 5 seconds and disconnect the wire.So far I'm very impressed with the kit.Roger

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes it's the Gen IV .It comes in the Surefit kit.The evaporator was not to hard to install.It was a little tight getting all the vent hoses to fit under the dash without interfering with the wipers.The wiring was very simple and easy and I'm no auto electrician.To program the unit was even simpler. You ground a gray wire turn the key on and wait 5 seconds and disconnect the wire.So far I'm very impressed with the kit.Roger
Thanks for the reply. :)
I'm kinda surprised the Gen 4 unit fit under a Falcon dash.
I'm putting one in a 66 Galaxie which I'm sure you know is a much bigger car.
Vintage air don't make a sure fit system for the Galaxie, so mine is a custom install.

Mine is pretty tight, in fact I had to make a "kick out" on the firewall to have enough room,
and even with that it's still tight.

This is just the mock up unit for test fitting.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Yours is looking good.

Carry on. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I hope it works as good as it looks. We have the Woodward Dream Cruise every year. It get to be total grid lock . Man does it get hot setting in your car for hours and moving so slow. I think my cooling system is up to the task. It never got over 190 at any time.I would love to see more pictures of your car.Roger

21 - 29 of 29 Posts