Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a copy of Popular Mechanics from 1963, mostly because it has some cool previews of the new cars coming out for 64...plus just some neat ads for Ford (if I can find a way to scan them with out breaking the magazine spine I will, thtey are all two pagers). But what caught my attention yesterday was the cigarette ad on the back...I love the dune buggy! (above it in the ad it says:"Taste of Action: racing dune buggies at Guadalupe. Great new kind of action! Great day, Great Smoke!"
:

I love the wide white wall tires and red steelies it's running!! But I am not too sure about that roll cage...looks a bit on the light side to me!
and the girl with her feet up on the dash panel too, plus I don't see much in the way of even basic seatbelts!! AHhhhh the good ol' days!
Can anyone tell what engine that is? I see the three upswept pipes but can't tell if it's maybe an old Ford Y-block or not...any guesses?
Just thought it was cool and felt like sharing it...when I find a way to do it, I will post the old Ford ads too.
Mike
Here is the whole advertisement:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 3/4/06 9:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wasn,t that guy in "Sin City" or was it just his chin?

Mmmmm. 20 wonderfull cigarettes.
You can just about taste the aged and blended, not so mild cancer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts