Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here's the scoop. I'm gonna go whole hog on the nostalgia thing with Hilborn EFI, 12" stacks through the hood, yada, yada, yada...To make this work, I've got my eye on new wheels from ET. What I need you to do is vote on wheels, front and rear for my car. Just follow the link below, and spend my money (you wish!)I'm going with 15" littles in the front and the biggest I can squeeze in the rear. I'm getting Crites spring relocation kit which should give me enough room for a 10.5 inch tire. Cast 'yer vote now! Here's the link
http://www.team3wheels.com/et/index.html

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The natural finish Classic Five up front, with steel wheels in the back, with some M&H slicks on them.

You could use the Gassers up front with the Fuelers out back, but only if you put on a straight axle, and toss some nitro in the tank!

·
Registered
521 Posts
i like the fueler/five window myself...

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2002-05-28 05:20, dragman64 wrote:
The natural finish Classic Five up front, with steel wheels in the back, with some M&H slicks on them.

You could use the Gassers up front with the Fuelers out back, but only if you put on a straight axle, and toss some nitro in the tank!
Nitro, mmmmmmmm!!!! Does that mean I'd have to get one of those silver "space suits"??

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Like this?????

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 5/29/02 5:06am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw that mopar run as a kid...the most gawd-awful thing you've ever seen!! He stood it on the rear bumper at the start and still ran something like a 9.00. Yea, that's the suit!!

The Radir wheels are pretty cool...but I'm kinda leaning toward the Gasser's on the front with 17" big windows on the rear. The fueler's aren't available in the backspace I need. I'll hold off my decision until more votes are in!

Walt, go back in your Hot Rod Magazine archives and see if you've got a pic of Chrisman's Comet. This is the '65 model that had a blown cammer fueler sitting under the cowl. The wheels on that car are kinda the look I'm going for.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Gasser on fron, fueler in rear if you're set on E-T's.
Torq Thrust D's would look nice...

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
FX-
Gasser's front, Fuelers in back - AS CAST!!!. With the Hillborns it will look positively awesome and has been saidyour ET's will like that set up. What are you leaning towards?

JL

Technical Editor

Fordmuscle.com

'65 Mustang GT, 289 (Warp 65)

'92 Mustang, 5.0 T5Z (Green Machine II)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FasterDamnit! on 6/3/02 1:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Are you gonna leave the stance the same, or raise the front a little?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, here's the decision: Gassers in front, as cast. The rear will depend upon how big a tire I can squeeze after I install the Crites spring relocation kit. The Fueler's are limited in their backspacing sizes, so I may go with the "5 Windows". The good thing is, they're available as cast, too. I plan to raise the front about 3 inches or so and the Hilborns will be through the hood w/a crites fiberglass ram air hood. Motor's going in next week! Yahoo!!:

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Classic Fives looked best to me...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts