Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dearborn is listing these replacement gears,part # rpa109,rpa110,rpa111,rpa112. it looks like they are for the wer rear end although i thought that there was no aftermarket support for these.what do you guys think? could these be for the wer?thanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
By wer, you mean "war"? I believe the gears are all the same, just differences in the casing, like "war" and "N". They seem pricey, shop around like with Summit or Jeg's etc. for Precision Gear or Richmond etc. I'm pretty sure all 9" gears are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
There was a WER rearend in my 67 Galaxie with 289, FMX. It is a rear loader, and looked like this.

I wasn't able to find any support for them so I swapped it out for a 9", maybe someone is making them now, I'd call Dearborn and find out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psivory on 11/3/06 7:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I looked up one of the part numbers and it states its for a 8inch.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I believe the WER axles are NOT considered particular well suited for HiPo applications. Stu

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I dont know where your located, But heres a 9" out of a 66 on Ebay.

click me

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-11-03 15:15, psivory wrote:
On 2006-11-03 08:56, wildosvt01 wrote:
I dont know where your located, But heres a 9" out of a 66 on Ebay.

click me
You sure are good at finding those 9" !!!
But finding yours with its 31splines was priceless.

I hope he is close enough.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
[/quote]
But finding yours with its 31splines was priceless.

[/quote]

True!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psivory on 11/4/06 11:47pm ]</font>

·
Registered
110 Posts
i know you are on a budget and i might have a decent deal for you.i have a ford 9 inch from a 67 galaxie i will even include the rear springs and arms if wanted. i am asking 100 dollars for it. i can probably get it shipped cheaper than you think to your local major greyhound station. if you are short on money i might be able to work with you by taking only the shipping + 10 dollar gas delivery fee to my local greyhound spot. you cound pay me the 100 dollars in two payments of 50 or something could be worked out. i am located in pennsylvania and the rear is a 28 spline unit with 2.75 gears that easily handled a 390 for its life. let me know if you might be interested. thanks, matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts