Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looking to build a 550 hp 408w. Currently I have a set of afr 185 heads. 2.02 int 1.60 exh. 68cc u know the drill. I've got a non roller block so probably gonna go flat tappet. I'd like to run 93 octane so I'm looking at about 11.5 to 1 flat tops. Want to use a 6.125 rod. So wanted y'alls input on a cam and part number for forged crank rods and pistons. Also what intake? Thinking super victor or victor jr. 1 3/4 long tube headers. Main girdle of course and I have a 850 demon in the shop I could use. Trying not to break the bank and it's going in a 1966 mustang. I'd like the car to go 6.50 in 1/8 mi and still be mostly streetable

·
Registered
567 Posts
Vic Jr , cam duration @ .050 in the low 270s , lift , .600 or more , 110 LSA. Don't waste your money on a girdle , especially on a non roller ( stronger) block. STD volume oil pump , 7-8 qt pan, 4.57 gear , 28" tire . Eagle , Scat or Molnar for crank /rods , maybe pistons through them too. Might surprise you with 600 hp.
Randy

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Solid or roller is pretty much a given at those specs (and the rpm needed) to make the HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heads say max lift is .600 so can anyone give me a cam # I can use or order. Cam is only thing I've not decided on yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts