Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....

I made the bold step and bought an old boat!!! It is in dry dock and so far I have spent most of the past three weeks in the bilge working on all the mechanical stuff!!! It looks like it will be back in the water next week for the 70 mile run to Beaufort!!!

I haven't done anything with the Cobra during this "Mechanic's Adventure"...........What a way to forget the most fun thing I own??!!

I must really be nuts!!

Cobrajack

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1984 fiberglass 40 foot Silverton Aft Cabin cruiser. It has twin Crusader 454's and cruises at 12 knots with a top speed of about 22 knots....It burns about 50 gallons/hour at WOT!!!

The boat is in pretty good shape to be 18 years old.....The guy who last owned it really neglected it for the last year or so!!

I'll send a pic to Dark7068 and see if he will post it.

Cobrajack

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cobrajack on 3/17/02 5:42pm ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
What you could do with 50 gallons an hour on the street .......

it is a nice boat, you will have to spend fine holydays with family.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rick!!

Yeah, the Cobra is jealous, but only for awhile!! I will get back to "normal" when I get the boat to Beaufort. I'm driving to the marina in Charleston almost every day (130 mile round trip) and will only be about 15 miles from it when it is here........I can even drive the Cobra to it then!!

Cobrajack...(aka: "Capt. Jack&quot

·
Registered
539 Posts
That's a beauty. I bought a 1972 24' Searay 9 years ago with a bad engine. Finally got her finished last year. Good boat now.POS when I got it. My brother in law say's, "If you want to experience the joy's of owning a boat,stand in a cold shower and tear up $100 bills." He is a wise man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts