Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

wanted - 1960's ford 289 4 speed parts car - Seattle, WA

1K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  rickyracer1983 
#1 ·
looking for a 60's era ford with a 289 4 speed manual. engine does not need to be in running condition as long as the block is sound.
thanks in advance

#8 ·
I have a 69 351W, and 4 spd from a 69 Stang. Complete setup. I tore it apart to inspect it. From the Air cleaner nut to the drain plug, from the crank pulley to the output shaft on the 4 Spd. Including the shifter and all the linkage. still have the factory flywheel/clutch setup with it. Bellhousing, fork, mount mounts, carb. 775 area code.

#10 ·
Piece of cake, same engine bay as a 66 Stang and they fit there. Little room left over, but yeah it'll fit. If you already have a clutch setup, you're in there. Only thing I'd do is convert the water pump/radiator over to the 70+ style. Ranchero, Falcon, Mustang are all the same. running gear. Mustang just got all the fancy stuff.

#12 · (Edited)
Make me an offer I can't refuse and you pay gas and I'll bring it up there. My youngest son and grandkids live across the water from Seattle. What part of 206 are you located? Pics, oh yeah. Block, heads, crank, trans, shifter/linkage cleaned inspected. This is a complete 351W/4spd setup with Ford ID tags and never touched. Every gasket I removed was factory as are the bearings. Everything is standard, crank, bores, etc. factory bolts, and frame adapters. The bores didn't even have a ridge on them. Build date is Apr 69 so this is a 69 setup out of a 69 Mach1 351W 2bbl, 4spd. San Diego engine with only 55K on it.

Attachments

#14 ·
Nope. Took it apart to inspect it. But get new bearings, gaskets, rings, hone the cylinders, new timing chain and it'll go right back together, and ready to run. Doesn't even look like it needs a valve job and I put new seals in the valves since I had a set laying around.
The reason I tore it apart is I wanted to make sure it is a good setup. Not something with blown head gaskets, cracked cylinder and spun bearings. You can even have the old WP, which probably still works, and everything is all cleaned up. No gaskets to scrape, cam bearings removed, you could even use the old pistons with new rings if you wanted to.

#15 ·
And if you act now, you'll also get the bellhousing, fork, flywheel, old PP, clutch, air cleaner (with exhaust heat shield and carb heat riser tube), 2 bbl carb, dist, cap/wires basicly the whole engine from the air cleaner nut to the drain plug and front pulley to the output shaft. All cleaned, which really takes all the fun out of it. No throw out bearing thou.You'll get the old bearings numbered for where they came off of, old cam and a new Comp Cams 268H cam and new pushrods.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.