Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Wanted- DS window regulator for a 63 Falcon hard top

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Deathwagon 
#1 ·
I've been searching high and low for a drivers side window regulator for my '63.5 Falcon hard top. If anyone has one or knows of a source, please hit me up!

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Hey BlueBird. Thanks for the link, but they only carry the regulator for the sedan and convertible, which doesn't fit the hardtop. It's a narrower bolt pattern and the stud where it attaches to the scissors is male, not female, so it's reveresed from the hardtop version.

#6 ·
I'm looking for the driver's front. The regulator for the hardtop is different from the convertible and the sedan. I bought the one that Mac's sells, hoping to make it work, and that's how I found that the bolt pattern and scissor stud are different. I confirmed this with Mac's tech support and the FalconFarms dude as well. So it has to be from a 2 door hardtop, non-post, and I hear only the '63-'65 will work.

Thanks

#11 · (Edited)
I'm looking for the driver's front. The regulator for the hardtop is different from the convertible and the sedan.

Thanks
ONLY at Ford...........Not to Hi-Jack the thread, but I wonder how much more profitable FoMoCo would have been if the Powers That Be had used a little common sense and made more parts common among all their product lines??? Not to mention BIG parts like.....bellhousings.....IMO one of the big reasons GM passed Ford in easy, convienent hotrodability....that and motormount commonality.

#8 ·
I do believe the 63-65 are the same in which case one from a 65-66 Mustang will work. I took mine apart, repaired and cleaned it and it has been working good for a few years now. I had some photos if I can find them.

add: do a search for window regulator on here and TFFN

#9 ·
I do believe the 63-65 are the same in which case one from a 65-66 Mustang will work. I took mine apart, repaired and cleaned it and it has been working good for a few years now. I had some photos if I can find them.

add: do a search for window regulator on here and TFFN
I looked at a few pics of the Mustang regulators on eBay and they do look really similar, with the exception of an arch in the arm that connects to the scissors. The aftermarket Mustang ones are cheap enough that it wouldn't kill me to buy one and then use it as a zombie braining device if it doesn't fit.

I refurbished my passenger side regulator, but when I bought the car, the driver's side reg was missing in action.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Well I think Bikes was referring to the interchangeability from I6-SBC-BBC... not having to find a different trans for every change makes sense, unlike the Ford lines, except for a few of the rarer earlier stuff between the MEL/FORD lines that was being discussed in another thread. ( IE:SBF has "early/Late" patterns, FE BB another, 385 BB ANOTHER.)Sure a turbo350 aint the best behind a high hp/tq BB but by gosh it'll BOLT UP. And the mounts are slightly different but can usually be made to work by just moving the stands to the "other" holes..... Not needing whole differently engineered stands for a SB-BB change....

Just sayin...

#14 ·
Well I think Bikes was referring to the interchangeability from I6-SBC-BBC... not having to find a different trans for every change makes sense, unlike the Ford lines, except for a few of the rarer earlier stuff between the MEL/FORD lines that was being discussed in another thread. ( IE:SBF has "early/Late" patterns, FE BB another, 385 BB ANOTHER.)Sure a turbo350 aint the best behind a high hp/tq BB but by gosh it'll BOLT UP. And the mounts are slightly different but can usually be made to work by just moving the stands to the "other" holes..... Not needing whole differently engineered stands for a SB-BB change....

Just sayin...
That was exactly the point I was making...not to mention all the small stuff, trim pieces that are exclusive to one model or another....door and window crank handles...sunvisor brackets..arm rests and their bases, would anyone even noticed or cared back in the 60's if the Mustang, Falcon and Fairlane had the same armrests ro visor brackets? FoMoCo could have just as easily altered a new design(screw holes or mounting pad) to match parts already on the shelf.(parts they had already designed and paid tooling costs for)....For that matter, how about outside door handles...tiny differences that keep them from being interchangable...

LOL...I'll end the rant now, if no one has guessed , I'v been pricing parts and seeing nearly the same thing in the Mustang catalogs at 1/3 the price...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.