Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - oddly enough, I've seen these on Fleabay before - but none right now and I need one quick. Yeah, I boffed the original with a lift chain. Let me know a total price and shipping to zip 98370. PayPal is fine or whatever. Thanks!

David

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a nice one in black, with chrome PS bracket and polished pulley. Its off a 92 mustang 5.0. Does the explorer have a seperate PS reservoir or is the reservoir and pump one unit like the Mustangs? Send me a PM if interested and I can send you a pic.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's a remote tank mounted to the PS cast bracket like the pic. However, I dug around the junk box and found a remote tank from a Volvo or something that might adapt. I'll try tonight and let you know. Thanks for the responses!

David

You can see how easy it would be to snap that little bottom barb off... grrrrr....

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My local yard has a whole bunch of Explorers. I'll be in Bremerton on Saturday. Let me know if you can't find anything and I'll pick one up for you before I come up.
Gary - if you get by the 'yard before the BBQ, I'll take you up on that. No 'sploders in the 'yard near me. I found a little tank from a Toy or something with funky outlets I can rig for now, but I'd like to change it out the the original style. It should be cheap (I grabbed 3 or 4 last year there for $2.50 each) but whatever it is I'll cover it and a beer or other for you time. Thanks!
:tup:
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.