Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for both R & L front seat belt retractors from say 1966-69?...used in various Ford or Merc models with that option.

I'm putting these in a '64 Gal 2dr and my belts are the corporate blue, although I'd call it more like 'electric blue' (they lean a little turquoise). Doing just some eye-balling, it looks a '64 latch oughta fit those tongues. If you only have an entire set, I may consider?

Got something you wanna part with, recoils well, plastic housings aren't cracked, decent webbing, etc ...please PM me, thanks!

Norm in Minn

This link shows what they should look like:
1966 1967 Ford Galaxie Fairlane Ranchero Seat Belt Retractors 66 67 | eBay

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There are some on ebay right now, wrong color.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sorry, I just followed your link and those are the ones I also saw.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No prob, and thanks for trying. :)

I'm on there all day (I sell there) and have a saved search that e-mails me when a new seat belt item shows up - sometimes it's a bit too much info tho, lol.

Sorry, I just followed your link and those are the ones I also saw.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking, thanks!

I seek right & left front seat belt retractors from say 1966-69?...used in various Ford or Merc models with the retractor option.

I'm putting these in a '64 Gal 2dr, belts are blue, although I'd call it more like 'electric blue' (they lean a little turquoise). For now I'm just sticking with a 2-point harness (lap belt). If you have an entire set (inboard and outboard front belts) -to get the colors and latch parts same-same, that's fine..... as I may have to do that.

Got something you wanna part with, recoils well, plastic housings aren't cracked, decent webbing, etc ...please PM me, thanks!

Norm in Minn

This image is of a 1969 set w/shoulder harness, but the retractor is really close to what I seek.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The '66 retractor mounts differently than the '67. You may want to check that out, esp if you are using the stock mounting hole.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input....yep....know what ya mean, lol.

As soon as I find something (to gain a "starting point"), I can do said checking that you mention. These are going in a '64, so I have 'wiggle room'. Basically I'm looking for what is shown in the pic, and if the tongue doesn't mate with my '64 latch, I'll have to install both sides, no sweat. The aftermarket doesn't make that blue (yet), and their retractors just don't look 'right', hence why I am trying for used ones. ...just a fun project to spiff my old belts up, lol.

The '66 retractor mounts differently than the '67. You may want to check that out, esp if you are using the stock mounting hole.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Norm: I pulled these retractors years ago, if i recall out of a 66, but not positive.
they have very little markings on them -on the chrome anchor out the bottom of the body- #' AB4 with an H
on the seat belt webbing a little patch says- FOMOCO- Decor Metal Products. They are a beige in color, different from your pic, where the belt comes out of the base, it forms to the size of the webbing width
I will pm you with my email if you want a pics
Roger- Ont.Can.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Roger

Thanks for your reply .......but I need them in blue (see pic in my original post below to see approx which blue they are).

Thanks for trying though! :) Norm

Norm: I pulled these retractors years ago, if i recall out of a 66, but not positive.
they have very little markings on them -on the chrome anchor out the bottom of the body- #' AB4 with an H
on the seat belt webbing a little patch says- FOMOCO- Decor Metal Products. They are a beige in color, different from your pic, where the belt comes out of the base, it forms to the size of the webbing width
I will pm you with my email if you want a pics
Roger- Ont.Can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts