Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say a great big huge thanks to Fordmuscle.

I'll explain.

My g/f bought me a hurst quarter stick shifter for Christmas only because I wanted one. I saw the Hurst Shifter here first on fordmuscle being installed in a 73 Torino.

The time came to finally install the shifter. I asked the transmission shop if they wanted a Fordmuscle printout so they can have a seamless and effortless installation. "No, we don't use outside help....we've been doing these kits for years and we know what's best."

Ok fine. Day came to install. Dropped off the car and lo and behold they came into a snag: the exhaust headers are interfering with the brackets!

Long story made short, I said to them "pleeez go to fordmuscle and check their expertise out, they installed one into a 73 with a 460 w/headers and they have the same problem"

Next day they said, "We checked the site out, and found a few tips so your shifter is installed properly."

Thanks guys!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 72torino on 3/24/06 11:03pm ]</font>

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is an excellent story. Thank you for sharing it with us. I installed a B&M Hammer shifter in my 73 Torino. I called B&M some time ago and asked why the didn't offer a shifter for an FMX transmission? Trying hard not to laugh, he suggested I upgrade to a C6. No one really needs a shifter for an FMX. It's not worth it to B&M to fabricate the necessary brackets. I'm glad to report that the operation was a success and that I'm am now grabbing gears with their shifter hooked up to an FMX. They have yet to respond to my email.

Nice Job 72Torino!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Hey, great. That was an install I performed, glad it worked out for you. I always go into Universal kits knowing I'm going to have to call some audibles. That's what it's all about. Thanks for telling that story, makes the writing all worthwhile.

Thanks,
Jon Mikelonis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.