Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody have any opinions about Flowtech's Warlock(bypass) mufflers? I am getting a new exhaust setup for my stang and want it to be loud...flowmasters are always fun and everything but, i like the option of simply having the open header sound in a minute=)and Warlock's seem to offer that in a simple package...but i've also heard that the muffler's plugged up are a hair above stock volume and that they're heavy....anyone got insight?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jon350 on 1/29/02 11:34am ]</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got some cheap back when Supershops went out of business. After storing them for quite awhile, I welded them into the stock tailpipes on my '00 GT. I did not really notice a power increase, and the sound improvement was so-so. Not nearly as good as Flows welded into the stock pipes on a friends similar car. With the bypass uncorked, I seemed to pick up a tenth and 1 mph at the track. I replaced them with DynoMax MagnaFlows (way too loud with tailpipes and offroad pipe, but imho *great* with dumps as long as the stock cat pipe is still in place).

The Warlock mufflers have internal louvers which would seem to inhibit flow when not in bypass mode. They are also heavy. I would not recommend them, although as a no-buck experiment I took one that was previously on the Stang and welded it in behind the cat on my '01 Ranger. This picked up maybe 1/2 mpg and seems to have slightly better power at WOT. Strictly butt-dyno stuff here, but tending toward the positive side. The stock Ranger muffler looked extremely restrictive.

My advice is to pass on these, especially at $70 each or whatever they are asking.

Nick
'85 coupe
'00 GT
'01 Ranger 4x4
bank account = $0

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have Warlock racing mufflers with the bypass. I've got an off road H pipe and 2 1/2 inch exhaust all the way out.

My opinion is it sound's a lot different than Flowmasters. Almost every Mustang I see drive by now has flowmasters on it and it's not your typical sound. For power comparison it's probably the same. I can't really tell. The warlocks sound a little quieter with no drone of the Flows. I was pretty happy with them. I need the bypass!! I would DEFINITELY say I gained a tenth or two with the corks out. Flowmaster doesn't make the bypass on theirs, but you can buy an auxilliary bypass from Hedman or FlowTech for a few bucks that bolts onto your existing exhaust system with removable corks and all.

If you want a mean sound go with Flowmaster. I had plenty of people say they like the sound of my exhaust though, but it's not Flowmaster. But it's pretty loud enough comparable to the 3 chamber flows after they've been broke in. You can hear the car pull up outside still.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NitroStanggirl on 1/29/02 12:14pm ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts