Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by a guy I give my steel scrap to. He gave me the area and i found it. Shoot. It's a 66. It is sitting in the backyard and has been for years. Of course its not for sale, bla blas blas bla bla. It is your usual molested example of a 500, with a 390, and a owner installed 4 spd. Not a lot of rust to speak of, and it had a side chrome package that is different from the XL and kinda rare I think. I left my name and number in the spirit of making contacts. Thing is, I rarely find 65's and the only one I did find was of course rotting and wasnt for sale.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
so, which is worse? Sitting in some guys back yard...possibly, rusting away - or at least he hasn't made up his mind to let someone else have it... or in junk yard getting picked over or crushed to make another Toyota?

Much as it hurts to see a good potential, project sitting in someones back yard, sometimes the right price is all it takes to loosen the old heart strings.

For me, I have no problem with someone keeping old iron in a barn, backyard or in the garage. It better there than being used as chicken coop.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no, its not being used as a chicken coop, its a squirells nest out here. LOL. No seriously, I could care less, but it did have a rare side chrome option that certainly should be used somewhere. I hope to meet the young man who owns it. He is in college downstate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts