Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL
I was reading the artical in Mother Earth News and it said to mix 4 to 1 water to alcohol.. But it doesn't say what kind of alcohol.... White lighten, rubbing, or alcohol fuel. It does say its mostly just to stop it from frezzing up.. So can I use the Heat stuff (gas line antifreezz) for water in the gas tank or what??
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me3.html
thanks
tim

64 International 4dr. truck w/466

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pedal2themetal45 on 12/1/06 4:28am ]</font>

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yep, winter mix washer fluid works best, it usually has more alcohol.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are funny...
run soap thro your motor
LOL

·
Registered
712 Posts
Actually, washer fluid is an alcohol and water mix.
I don't know where YOU get washer fluid with soap. If you did the washer pump would make it foam!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH

I always thought there was soap in it..
tim

·
Registered
712 Posts
One would think so, but no.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Unless you use the RainX brand. There's more than just methanol and water in that stuff.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Rain X has other chemicals in it in order to promote beading and visibility on your windshield, even after the stuff has long dried =). It almost pushes the water off the windshield itself. Nice stuff, that's what I run, period.

Cris

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't think you would want any thing "beading up" in your engine, though. Why spend the extra dough for the expensive stuff, if you don't need it? I thing the El Cheap-o stuff from Wal Mart should suffice for a buck.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Once you use rainx always rainx.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I use it on all my windows, but do not use the washer fluid. I have had no luck with it in the washer tank, it always leaves a film. You can always tell when someone doesn't use Rain-X, you just can't see worth a crap.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it.

I need to re-RainX the Volvo. Passengers start panicking when its anything more than sprinkling. It really makes a huge difference.

Bet it doesn't burn too well though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts