Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the first time i put in a O-really water pump, it worked for about 3k and then the case cracked. It had a lifetime War. , so i exchanged it. I put it in about 2 months ago and today damn it cracked a circle arround the shaft about 5inch's arround. i been reving it up to 5k about, well today i did but my engine wouldn't go past 5k. Maybe it was my waterpump holding me back? I ordered a waterpump from summit raceing a good one. I am thinking it was a cheap waterpump and couldn't stand a powerful motor?

·
Registered
739 Posts
It could be a POS pump issue. They warranty some really inferior parts to make them appear more attractive.
It also could be that you have some runout in one of your other pulleys and when you set the belt tension, then run the thing the tension at a point or two in the cycle is way high...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i think it might be my fan. I have a clutch fan on it now. And i have vibation from it.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I agree it must be your fan or something causing these problems.I just run a cheapie pump from Canadian Tire (similiar to Pep Boys) or something like that in the States, and I haven't had any trouble up to 6000 rpms

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
HI
Just a though are you running some kind of pump lub. and a to tight belt can burn out the bearings. Just a though
tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts