Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another good old boy passed away today.

He had complications from diabetes and had his foot amputated last month.

One of the great ones gone at 64 years old.

R.I.P. Waylon.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Waylon was one of my favorites.

He played the Wisconsin State Fair back in the 80s,and at that time I couldnt go to his concert because I was so broke!

But, I only live 2 blocks from the Fair so I ended up sitting on my garage roof and hearing the concert he gave anyways?

65 Falcon Sprint Super-Stock-White Lightning
66 Galaxie 500 390 4-V auto-future 4 or 5spd.
95 F-350 XLT Super-Cab DRW 460- Tow Vehical

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 2/15/02 2:34am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I heard about Waylon. He was the original outlaw. As I look down the road at who's coming along in country music I think, "Man, there ain't much out there anymore." The good old boys are about all gone. All the new rocker wanna-be's that now sing country pretty much suck.
He's in a better place now though. Probably picking a guitar with Hank Sr. and his other influences as we speak. Waylon Jennings, gone but not forgotten.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Music is changing all the time... Unfortunately, everyone is trying to cross-over to make the most$$$. Waylon was unique... The start of the end for that breed. Just pulled out the Will the Wolf Survive tape... First song on side 2 is What you'll do when I'm gone.

Still will never forget the Dukes of Hazzard theme song....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know him best for the Dukes of Hazzard theme...classic TV when I was growing up. You remember that plane crash where buddy holly, big bopper, Richie Valenz and others died? I heard he was supposed to be on that flight and gave his seat to the bopper.

He lived hard and played hard but could have done both for much shorter of time if it wasn't for fate.

Interesting how small decisions like exchanging seats affect life so much...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts