Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not out on the streets in town, since it's not register-able yet.

We just got Queenie in the driver seat and backed it out of the driveway and to the side of the road and up the side of the street in front of the neighbors house and back to our driveway,

Doesn't sound like much, but when you consider this truck began as a frame with no body and no running gear ... and yes I do mean a bare, solid, rusted frame with zero moving parts bolted to it, that Queenie and I and two other friends carried by hand out of the JunkYard ... this actually is great progress.

It confirmed 100% that the engine and drive train work ... the shifter works ... the steering works ... the brakes work ... the seat is 100% fabricated in place ... this old girl is now proven to be "FUNCTIONAL"

BTW ... I added a few new PICs to the album and if you want to email me with your email address I can hook you up to the album of PICs ... it's 78 total PICs now ... and more to come

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monstermach on 2/16/04 7:00am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monstermach on 2/16/04 7:03am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap ... I had to drag Queenie out of the back yard ...

She was out digging up Cannalilies ...

I told her to get in ... start the old effie up and back out ...

She did good and the Effie did real good

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for the pics address Larry. You have done an amazing amount of work already and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Aaron

·
Registered
914 Posts
On 2004-02-15 18:44, MonsterMach wrote:
... this old girl is now proven to be "FUNCTIONAL"
By this statement I sure hope you're talking about the truck and not your wife.

I can see a black eye on the way if you're not talking about the truck.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Custom300fe wrote:

By this statement I sure hope you're talking about the truck and not your wife.
---------------------------------------------------
Yeap ...

Talking about the truck ... The truck is a little older than Queenie

However, Queenie is pretty functional as well

I'm pretty careful about making those type of mistakes since Queenie has a Black Belt in Taekwon-do and recently learned to shoot a fully automatic UZI

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
YES!

I was number 427 on the hit'o'meter on the F100 page

Congratulations on the progress!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Helmantel on 2/18/04 1:20am ]</font>

·
Registered
310 Posts
excellent!!! I checked out the pics on your website, how do you find time to make progress that fast AND keep up a site like that? Still looking forward to seeing it in person, it'll happen eventually!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
casadepunklife

I sent you access to the entire photo album ... currently 82 PICs (well I guess 81 there is a shot of Queenie painted up for the KISS concert in there too ... I'm not exactly sure why) ...

All I can say about getting the projects likie the Effie finished is (being self employed) I have complete control over my time. If I'm out making money then there I am ... if I'm not I can be anywhere and doing anything I like and as long as I have my cel phone with me my customers can continue to call and future work can be scheduled, even if I'm rummaging through Nevada Pick a Part.

It's actualy a great way of life

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wow, and I thought maybe I was going overboard! Here's a pic of my project thus far, first time I've used a spray gun. Came out so good I've decided to spray the undercarriage as well. It's all cleaned up & ready, boy is that a fun job. (especially over a dirt floor, I've invented a new sport-solo mud wrestling.) I'd like to knock that out this weekend but I've got a feeling I'll be working. Over here it's time or money, but never both!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts