Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you consider yourself "wealthy"???

i dont think i could say that i am.... currently i am .... "well to do" however i do NOT own the house i'd like to have i do NOT OWN my car, or have my maverick up to the way i like it. and if i keep spending all my money i'm not going to feel like i'm... "wealthy" ... happy yes, wealthy no.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Wealth is relative...even the "wealthy" want things they do not have. Some folks would consider you "wealthy" though you don't look at that way.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm wealthy in all the way's that i should be, but 50% in the way's that i would like to be.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Lots of money? no way! A million friends that are there for anything and everything? oh yeah baby!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Luv70sFords on 5/12/02 12:10pm ]</font>

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess the reason that i actually started this thread... well yeah, it does involve money. i've been debating purchasing a house.... i've been preapped for approx $140k and i've been debating how i could still live a "lifestyle" with how much money i would have.. been debating roommates vs. living alone. you know the norm...

what really really got to me though.... was starting to look at some real-estate magazine.... some of these houses... not even what i would consider 'mansion' are still going for a tip under 1mill!!!
i stopped by my friend katies house tonight.. and her neighbor is selling theirs for like 600k..... started looking at nicer townhomes cuz i get the feeling thats about all i will be able to afford.... still 200k! heck.. SOME CONDO'S/APT'S are going for almost 200k... its crazy.... sometimes i wish i knew how these people got to where they are...

·
Registered
557 Posts
That answer is strait forward: Two income's!

Ya know, money is really a trap. Think about it, what do the people who are very rich always worry about? money! they worry about losing it...their whole lives revolve around money and its "image".

I know one thing for sure...I could be flat broke, no money to speak of, but yet I have many, many riches that dont even compare to anything in this world.
There are many mansions in my Father's house! My Father, the heavenly Father, that is! Money can come and go, but Jesus Christ is with me forever. I may be a dirt bag on this world, but I have the promise of eternal life...how much more rich could one be?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The advantage of buying a home will be very apparent in about 10 years. When I first bought my home money was very tight. But as time goes on your income will continue to improve yet your payment will stay the same. I am in a positon now that I can have all my bills paid ontime and still have lots of money left over for the project. If you continue to rent the cost of housing will increase faster than your income. I have neighbors that only pay $200 a month because they have been here so long.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
And besides the payment sizes (from purchasing it a while back), look at the investment you have.
We paid something like 60k for our house. 12 years later, (and they haven't even seen/appraised the finished basement yet), it's over 150k.
Granted, I'll never sell the house, (or at least that's what momma says)
. but still.
(still want a bigger garage, tho).......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Buying a house is one of the best investments you can make. We bought our house 6-1/2 years ago for $69K, it's now worth $135K. If you figure how much the value has gone up, minus my mortgage payments, my house has paid me more than $13K to live here. Can't go wrong with that.

As far as actual wealth, heck, if my wife gets her new job we might be middle-middle income

Greg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts