Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i started replacing weather stripping in my old car. I started to do the vent windows and lets just say they suck. lol the weather stripping is very dry rotted and nasty. It looks like there are little screws in them.. Idk what they are but i need to get these things out. Any thing is helpful. Also over the windows from front to back need to be replaced but I cant get them out either. Help please??

·
Registered
824 Posts
I removed mine 4 weeks ago , I found if I removed the rubber bumper from the cross member in door at bottom of the window run ( the window rests on this when fully down) this allows the glass to drop another inch allowing easy access to the screws at each end of wiper seal . Hope this helps

·
Registered
219 Posts
I used 3M Trim Adhesive to retain some of my trim and weatherstripping and it works well. As with any adhesive, best to wait till 70 degrees or over to use. Let is sit a tad, install your peice, hold pressure with hands about 5 minutes, then apply blue painters tape to keep in place and let cure full 24 hours. It works great. BE CAREFUL TO NOT LET IT GET ANYWHERE YOU DO NOT WANT IT PERMANENTLY!!! while you can use a razor blade to get off glass, just about anywhere else, it'll be there forever! I was able to get excess of my hands with lacquer thinner and rags if you get it off quick, otherwise, you'll be wearing it off.
3M Trim Adhesive is some GREAT stuff, comes in roll or tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.