Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this forum offers you the same community and atmosphere your club is used to.

If you have any questions about how to use the features of this forum, send me an email or private message!

I also invite all of you to put up a picture and description of your car in the YOUR CARS section. http://www.fordmuscle.com/phpBB/yourcars

Thanks for showing up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi just came by to check the new forum you set up for us. Thanks looks good. I hope the yahoo fiasco doesn't break up the Torino club we had, that was a good bunch of people there. Hopfully we can take some kind of vote and move enmass to a new forum somewhere.
Paul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like a nice board, but I think we need something a little more similar to what the Yahoo was.
At least creatures of habit like me do, still better than Yahoo though!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Been away from the Torino stuff for a while. But got an email said check this out, so here I am. And as luck would have it, your timing was perfect. Just fired up the Torino for the first time in years. Just hearin that 429 lope to life is enough to make the wait worth while. Next is tires and brakes. Then the ROAD TEST!!!! After that, a lil cosmetics and shes off to the races. Poor car, 30 yrs old and only 47k miles. Shoulda been on the road embarasing bowties instead of bein parked.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
just noticed my signature didnt post.. Shoulda clicked the lil box eh?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I just cant bring myself to photgraph that car. She just looks bad. Sometime over the next year it should get the treatment it needs. BAck to the original orange paint with the laser stripe. Man thats a pretty combination. Lil background on this car. Dad bought it at the age of 17 (1973) when he was in high school. Got lucky too, Only a handful of N code convertibles made, and this baby has everything but the power seat and posi. He drove it till about 1980 or so and parked it do to the large amount of traffic tickets. well in that short time he manged to make sure that there are no straight panals on that car. Once shes pretty, I'll show her off again. Untill then shes gonna keep her dignity. Thanks for the interest though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like another very good option. If the general consensus is to narrow it down to one site in particular, it's going to be tough to choose which one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, think we need ta test them all out and then decide on one place to go.
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '73 Gran Torino Sport that I had repainted with the oringial yellow and stripes down the sides. You're getting your Torino back on the road while I'm putting mine away (bummer). I don't think that I've ever had mine off the road for very long. I just lost the tranny about a month ago and had to make a choice between redoing the tranny in the Torino or the '70 Cougar XR7. Unfortunately, I had to go with the Cougar because it's much more streetable and a hair better on gas mileage. My dad bought the Torino when it was new and I bought it from him back in '82, just after high school and have been driving it ever since. I've had a lot of fun with the car over the years. I had the engine rebuilt and installed headers, 650 double pump carb, alum. intake, 280 comp cam and 3.50 rear gears. I had the tranny rebuilt by a speed shop a few years ago and had a shift kit installed and a 2500 stall torque converter built for it. Paid all that money and the tranny goes bye bye. I hardly ever drove it that hard. Anyway, good to hear that your getting yours back on the road. Maybe by that time, I'll have mine back on the road as well.

On 2002-03-08 05:27, Luv70sFords wrote:
I just cant bring myself to photgraph that car. She just looks bad. Sometime over the next year it should get the treatment it needs. BAck to the original orange paint with the laser stripe. Man thats a pretty combination. Lil background on this car. Dad bought it at the age of 17 (1973) when he was in high school. Got lucky too, Only a handful of N code convertibles made, and this baby has everything but the power seat and posi. He drove it till about 1980 or so and parked it do to the large amount of traffic tickets. well in that short time he manged to make sure that there are no straight panals on that car. Once shes pretty, I'll show her off again. Untill then shes gonna keep her dignity. Thanks for the interest though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too just got here. Hey Dave I am still thinking about the Torino. My wife keeps asking me if we're going to New York for that car? I almost get the feeling she's looking forward to getting away from home for the 13 hours. Can you Yahoo instant message me your phone # so I can give you a call? Rege

1 - 14 of 14 Posts