Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Makin' Progress forum is a great place to post threads related to the progress you are making on your Ford project. Please use this forum to post updates on your personal project cars. The only rule is that you MUST have pictures and shown some progression.

The staff will initially be searching all forums for current progress threads that can be "thumbnailed" and categorized here in "Makin' Progress". If we move them, we'll PM you and leave a re-direct where the post was originally made. If you want your current progress thread moved here, please PM any of the admins or mods.

We hope you enjoy seeing your fellow FM members' progress as much as we do!

Thanks,
FordMuscle Staff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have one going right now, would I be able to play along without a subscription? I have done several things to it and would have great knowledge to share on common fixes IE, door pinch welds, lowering, primer and filler basics, and the most dreaded rust repairs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Mustang that I'm battling with, so I'll post pics on some of the things that are yet to be done, maybe it'll help someone else down the road. I don't get in a hurry sometimes, but sometimes I knock things real fast. Depends on the mood of the car. ;) Thanks for having me, and I'll help in any way I can.

This is my Coupe.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Mustang that I'm battling with, so I'll post pics on some of the things that are yet to be done, maybe it'll help someone else down the road. I don't get in a hurry sometimes, but sometimes I knock things real fast. Depends on the mood of the car. ;) Thanks for having me, and I'll help in any way I can.

This is my Coupe.
SWEET I AM BATTLING TO THIERE A 64 FAIRLANE I BEEN TRING TO GET TO MAKE A THUDERBOLT CLONE I DO HAVE BB FORD 4 SPEED AND A 9 IN TO GO WITH THE JUST BATTLING TO GET THE CAR SO START BULDING HER

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Hi,
been here for a few weeks now and only now saw this part of this forum LOL! Good stuff and will contribute to the madness. I've got 1x 1971 2x1972 and 1x1973 (was mine, but gave to my brother) He's not into wrenching, so I suspect when he gets tired of seeing it sit and rott away, I'll get it back LOL! Then my collection of all three years will be complete, but for now, I'm wrenching on my first love, my 1971 :) Love this car and will try to do it right. Made lots of progress, but photos are scattered all over the place. Will try to get organized and keep it here. Thanks and look for my page soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hello, New to the forum and I look forward to sharing my project as well as asking a few questions myself. I am currently working on my wife's 70 Mustang Mach1. This was a complete tear down and the only thing I didn't do myself was body/paint and windshield/back window install. The car is 85 0/0 done. Have to do the seats and waiting on bodyman to get me the front sheetmetal fenders/hood/valnce/rock guard. Then it's on the road but we know there never finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all i am a newbie here from New Zealand. I have a 64 Mercury Comet Caliente with a hot 302 c4 and 9 inch rear. Car is really sunburnt and pretty original which is how i plan to keep it. Solids on the rear and 5 spokes on the front with a glass hood to give it a look. Hope to contribute so let the madness begin!!!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Been dialing in the primary and secondary idle emulsion on my carbs by changing out the idle air bleeds. Looks to be about right. Waiting to move on to some main jet changes then power valve curcuit feed restriction changes on the primarys. Hopefully UPS shows up in the next couple days with the jets needed.
Got one wheel pollished with my new pollish and about 2/3s of another done. Takes the shine a step above semichrome pollis and much easire to use.
Checked city fuel economy after air bleed changes looks to be up from 9 MPG to 14.5 keeping acceleration as much as possible above 10 inches of vacuum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, New to the forum and I look forward to sharing my project as well as asking a few questions myself. I am currently working on my wife's 70 Mustang Mach1. This was a complete tear down and the only thing I didn't do myself was body/paint and windshield/back window install. The car is 85 0/0 done. Have to do the seats and waiting on bodyman to get me the front sheetmetal fenders/hood/valnce/rock guard. Then it's on the road but we know there never finished.
thats one nice ride

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's a great color on that Mach-1, what color is it?
Wow !!! Sorry for the delayed answer but I somehow missed your question, the color is a Ford color for 1970 ( Y Code ) Chestnut Metallic. The car is finished and has been to local shows in the Kansas City area and has won a few 1st place in it's class which I'm happy for the wife. Here is a couple pics of a Mustang & all Ford show we just attended Saturday in Liberty,Mo.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Thats sweet, move mine. I got the 66 fairlane rear out replacing a good n housing with strange axles , taking 3 apart in hopes to end up with one good one trying to save a buck. It is slow trying to find time to fix a car when work and everyone is pulling you in 100 directions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts