Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hello! I have visited the site many times through search engines looking for answers, decided I'd register as my project is getting a little more involved. (61 Fairlane 2 dr post) I have recently begun a front disc brake conversion, so far it is going well.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guy's I've been on here for a few day's I started a thread called 89 Fox and Intro I didn't see a place to do a intro thread to introduce myself so I figured I would here. My name is Brian I'm in the Army National Guard and I'm an engine builder at C&M Racing Engines here in Kansas. I have a slow build going on I saved a 89 GT from being crushed and it needs alittle tlc wich is fine with me and will be well worth it in the end. Here is a pic of it as it is now. I will update whenever I can and I should be starting to build the engine here really soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea going oldschool with this one gonna put a carb 302 in it. Gonna bore it .030 over and have a mild built 306. Gonna be a street/strip car and one that I'm not affraid to drive across country if I want to. I wanna drive it daily when the weather is good, take it to the strip and have fun, and beat up on some of the car's here in my town out on the streets, and not be affraid to take it out of state like to mustang week or somethen like that. The engine is gonna be a 306 with good head's, single plane intake, custom grind cam, stock crank, and a shot of giggle juice gonna have some other things done to it some let's say little tricks I now :D lol. Gonna have a AOD in it. The rearend is a 8.8 with 3.73 gears with a 31 spline center section with 5lug axles. I have the front 5 lug parts also. Should be a fun build and a fun car when I'm done that I will enjoy for quite some time. I'm gonna go through the entire interior rate now it has the smoke gray cloth interior. I'm gonna keep the smoke gray or change it to black cloth instead not sure yet. I'm not sure on wheels just yet either I now I want some that will look good I'm kinda thinking maybe black 03 10th anniversary cobra wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and looking forward to seeing/sharing early model ford falcons.
I read where guys have installed a 302 in there 64 merc comet. My 63 falcon convertable that I am in the process of removing the stock (and running) Six with the factory 4 speed. And i have an early 260 C.I.D. that came out of a sunbeam tiger, I'm planing on putting in. But then i hear of these 302's 289's being used. Is there a reason people dont use the 260? Can the 260 be built to run with these bigger engines?. Are there high performance parts available to pump up my 260?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Making progress on my 67 fairlaine. Ive got the front suspension mached up and working on the rear. After i get the rear mached up I'm going to get the wheels on it and drop the coyote and trans in it to mach it up and make my modifications to the trans tunnel and make up a transmission mount. More pics to come .

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
total newbie here. Starting a build thread.

Current working on this one. Over 18yrs so far but there just may be light at end of tunnel . .

A year into this one: Looking for a 1500hp daily driver pickup. This is foundation being machined this week. Started ordering parts 15 months ago. Long process.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts